Tulsa Tornado Round II
April 26 we saw our second tornado in the Tulsa area. This one was smaller, an EF-1, and a bit closer to our home, passing only a mile south of us. Thankfully there were only minor injuries. It caused some small structural damage. Once again we were able to respond almost immediately. The next morning we helped begin the recovery process by clearing debris and cutting trees. We had the opportunity to pray with several home owners and share the love of Christ.
June Travel Plans
We are excited to be traveling again in June, taking Madeline on her first road trip.
- June4-6- Sterling, IL- Visiting Abiding Word Church.
- June 7-10- Chicago, IL- Disaster Ministry Conference.
- June 11-16- Allegan/Kalamazoo, MI- June 12- Speaking at Allegan Christian Center.
- June 20-27- NY/NJ- Visiting New Beginnings in Brick, NJ, Jersey Shore Dream Center in Asbury Park, NJ, and Movement Church SI in Staten Island, NY.
Our serve Tulsa project has been going well. We had our first community work day this past Saturday. It was a wonderful day of ministering to Betty. We were able to get some much needed yard work done, as well as some small house projects. She was blessed by the love she was shown throughout the day. Be sure to check our website and Facebook page for pictures.
We will continue to work on her home throughout the summer. To the right is our current project plans as well as the budget. This is just the beginning. Would you prayerfully consider helping us meet all the budget needs for this project?
Project and Budget
- Chimney build———–$327.55
- Replace Windows——-$1,893.86
- Drywall repairs———-$130.05
- Ramp for front door—-$425.67
- Misc. add-ons————-$150.00
- Dumpster costs———–$309.00
- Project Total**————$3,236.06
You can help! There are several ways you can get involved.
You can become a financial supporter. By doing so you make it possible to purchase needed materials and supplies.
You can become a volunteer. If you live in the Tulsa area, we would love to have you come out and give us a hand. If you live in Tulsa and own a construction type business, such as heat, electrical, roofing, etc., we could really use some expert help. Would you be willing to donate some time in the area of your expertise?
You can become a prayer partner for this project. You will have the opportunity to pray for specific needs as we continue to work through this project. There are several ways to get involved with this awesome program. Drop us a line at email@example.com to let us know how you would like to help.