As we watch the news coverage of the recent flooding in Louisiana, our hearts are torn knowing how difficult this time is for so many. We also know the hope that the future holds. Our desire is to be an ever present help in time of need. We will be heading into the affected areas to assess and locate the best place to help. We will help the local church and be the hands and feet of Christ.
Volunteer information and opportunities will be coming in the near future. If you are interested in volunteering in the cleanup efforts please feel free to contact us here.
Immediate needs for Louisiana:
- We covet prayers. Prayer is the most important way you can partner with us as we respond to disasters. You can sign up to become a prayer partner here.
- The cost of responding to a disaster can climb quickly. We believe that God has us covered so we can step out and do what He’s called us to. He does this through dedicated partners like you. You can donate quickly and safely here.
- As we continue to work in the affected areas we will be in need of volunteers to continue the work. You can contact us with any question or to volunteer click here.
It’s hard to believe that Madeline is 6 months old and weighing over 13 pounds and she’s is measuring just over 24 inches long. Her adjusted age puts her at 5 months, but her development is on track with her actual age. She is ever increasingly curious about her surroundings, needing to get her hands, and mouth, on everything she sees. Sleeping well and full of smiles, she continues to amaze doctors and developmental experts. We are so excited as we watch her grow and respond to everything that comes her way.
Serve Tulsa Continues to Grow on Our Hearts
Our current project is for Betty. Betty’s in her 80’s and a widow living in N Tulsa. We have had the incredible privilege of building a friendship with her over the past few months. So much has been done to her home, but there is much more to do. We are looking to complete a roof and siding project, as well as update some electrical and plumbing issues. Our current timeline is starting work this fall on the outside of the house and finishing sometime in the spring.
If you are interested in helping financially you can click the “donate” button in the lower right hand corner, then specify Betty Hickman in the massage area of the donate page. If you would like to volunteer with this project click on our “volunteer” button half way down on our home page.
In order to respond to disasters in 2016, what we need and the way we travel and do ministry will need to change. Here is a short list of our current needs as we begin 2016 and prepare for the spring disaster season:
- Fifth-wheel toy-hauler camper for our family to stay in and to haul tools and supplies to disasters
- General maintenance on the truck
- An increase in monthly partnership
- Additional tools added to our inventory
You can find an updated list of item needs under the “Get Involved” section on our website, rightsideupministries.org.
You can help! There are several ways you can get involved.
You can become a financial supporter. By doing so, you make it possible to purchase needed materials and supplies.
You can become a volunteer. If you live in the Tulsa area, we would love to have you come out and give us a hand. Would you be willing to donate some time in the area of your expertise?
You can become a prayer partner. You will have the opportunity to pray for specific needs as we continue to work through the Serve Tulsa project. There are several ways to get involved with this awesome program.